About the GKC
The Capacity Building for Poverty Reduction
(CBPR) Programme, launched by the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievance and
Pensions (DAR&PG) in 2005, aims at building the capacity of the Indian civil
service for improved public service delivery for the purposes of poverty reduction.
The Governance Knowledge Centre (GKC), undertaken by the Department of Administrative
Reforms and Public Grievances (DAR&PG) has been envisaged as a key initiative
under CBPR to serve as a digital single point of reference on good governance
practices that would aid in building capacity at the district, state and centre.
In 2010, OneWorld Foundation India (OWFI) took up the task of upgrading and
transforming the Governance Knowledge Centre into a trusted knowledge repository
with a vibrant and dynamic platform for the sharing of cutting-edge ideas, information,
and resources in the field of governance.
Today, the portal assists civil servants to seek practical and implementable
solutions to the day-to-day challenges they face. It serves as a platform for
collaborative knowledge exchange for the improvement of governance. It also
offers a widespread and reputed lot of governance knowledge that civil society
can utilize to understand the nuances of civil service practices and reforms.
To acquire and disseminate state-of-the-art and
trusted knowledge in the field of governance through:
- Documentation of good and innovative practices
- Open access to reputable sources from governance experts including working papers, government reports, policy briefings etc.
- Up-to-date access to pertinent governance-related news
- A helpdesk allowing users to receive solutions to governance queries from a panel of experts
To facilitate stakeholder engagement to create collaborative knowledge on issues
of public service delivery through:
- A thematic, expert-led E-forum
- Solution exchange between experts and registered GKC users
- Up-to-date governance-related events and announcements
To build an international collaborative governance knowledge partnership
OneWorld Foundation India
Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances
Ministry of Personnel, Pensions and Public Grievances
Government of India